JF Biocarbon developed a portable pyrolysis unit for demonstration purposes, as well as larger pyrolyzers that convert beetle killed wood into biochar and bio-oils. See the attached presentation for details.
From the detail
- JF BioCarbon will enhance and promote faster growth for newly planted seedlings thus making for stronger start to a new forest.
- This will also speed up reforestation in beetle effected areas.
- Charcoal in soil also acts as a carbon sink and can qualify for carbon credits.
- This has been proven by soil scientists. (see Terra Preta & biochar)
- Using charcoal in soil will also minimize the need for engineered fertilizer.
JF BioCarbon Systems LTD has licensed his technology to Dia Carbon BioEnergy ( http://www.diacarbon.com/ )
For more information about the JF Biocarbon System contact John Flottvik directly ( firstname.lastname@example.org )