Sustainable Agriculture Education Association (SAEA ): Facilitating Sustainable Agriculture Education July 11-14, 2007
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association(SAEA): Facilitating Sustainable Agriculture Education July 11-14, 2007
Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association: SAEA
Join us in Ithaca to celebrate the foundation of the SAEA and to help set our new organization in motion! Watch for our announcement of the time and place for the launch party and first official organizing meeting - two big events in one!
The Sustainable Agriculture Education Association (SAEA) promotes and supports the development, application, research, and dissemination of best teaching and learning practices in post-secondary sustainable agriculture education and curricula through communication, training, development, and collaborative activities for teachers and learners.
How to join the SAEA
SAEA will be ready to officially receive members in July. If you would like to be on our mailing list now, please contact Katie Monsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Promote and disseminate curricula, best educational and experiential learning practices, and research related to the teaching and learning of sustainable agriculture.
* Serve as a vibrant network for individuals and organizations involved in sustainable agriculture education.
* Engage in activities to aid the professional development of sustainable agriculture educators and students.
* Promote and advocate the establishment of sustainable agriculture education programs.
* Obtain public and private funds to develop and disseminate sustainable agriculture education and curricula at the post-secondary level and to the general public.
* Contribute to the growth of sustainable agriculture in the U.S. and abroad (grassroots and educational institutions, farms, businesses etc.).
* Serve as an advocate for sustainable agriculture in other contexts and in collaboration with other organizations relevant to sustainable agriculture education.
* Provide public forum for addressing issues in sustainable agriculture education teaching and learning.
* Attract talented, bright individuals to teach and work in the field of sustainable agriculture.